Infoplease is a comprehensive reference source that combines the contents of an encyclopedia, a dictionary, an atlas, and several almanacs loaded with statistics, facts, and historical records. A single search engine allows you to search all these sources at once.
What sources are featured on Infoplease? In addition to an electronic database that is continuously updated and expanded by a team of reference, entertainment, and sports editors, the Infoplease site includes the contents of the following reference works:
* The TIME Almanac, with Information Please®, edited by Borgna Brunner of Information Please and published by Time Inc.
* The ESPN/Information Please Almanac®, edited by Gerry Brown and Michael Morrison and published by Hyperion.
* The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, published by Columbia University Press.
* Infoplease® Dictionary, based on the Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary
* The Infoplease® Atlas, which includes several hundred maps from Magellan Geographix and other sources.