You are here
Study Rooms & Areas
Study Rooms & Areas
Tables for individual and group study are available on the first and second floors. Individual study carrels with electrical outlets are located on the second and third floors. Individual study rooms are located on the third floor of the library. These rooms are for individuals only; no group study/discussion in individual study rooms, please. No group study/conversations/cell phone use is permitted on the third floor. Individual study rooms may not be held or reserved. Group study rooms (2 or more students) are available on the second floor of the library. Group study rooms are first-come-first-served and may not be reserved. Individuals occupying group study rooms may be asked to move for a group needing a room.None of the study rooms are sound-proofed. Please be courteous to other students by restraining noise levels. Do not leave personal belongings in the study rooms. Items found will be turned in to the Circulation Desk.
Technology Enabled Study (TES) Rooms
- TES room use is for current Wesleyan students.
- TES rooms are intended for groups of three or more. Groups of fewer than three may be asked to share their reservation or vacate in favor of a larger group.
- TES rooms are self-reservable and reservations may be made at any time before the start of the reservation. After receiving confirmation, the requester must have a copy of the confirmation (either print or digital) during the reservation time.
- Rooms may be booked for up to a two-hour time period and individuals may reserve only one room per day for their group.
- Rooms may not be scheduled for recurring classes.
- Noise distruption - Respect for those studying and conducting research in the library should be observed at all times. To minimize noise disruption, the room doors should not be propped open and the sound volume for media should be kept at an intermediate level. It is expected that groups entering and leaving the library meeting spaces interact with low voice levels.
- Personal belongings - The Library is not responsible for items left unattended. All individuals are urged to keep laptops, purses, book bags, and other valuables in their direct supervision at all times.
- When leaving the room dispose of trash and leave tables clean. For big spills, please contact library personnel.